Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Arre tere ki, guru, I pay my taxes yaar, I am a Bollywood Star!

Award Swami: Bollywood News: "Arre tere ki, guru, I pay my taxes yaar, I am a Bollywood Star!


Akshay Kumar ranks as the the highest tax payer from Bollywood for the second year straight. News reports claim that Mr. Akshay Kumar (Akki) paid an advance tax of Rs. 9 crore (US $ 2+ mil) in March, 2010, taking his total advance tax payment in the current financial year to Rs. 18 crore (US $ 4+ mil). He paid Rs. 31 crore (US $ 7 mil. approx.) in 2008-09, a period that saw him delivering hits after hits.
Also in the queue of diligent (US $ 1 mil+ tax payers) notables include Aamir Khan,Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan among others.

Reportedly, others paying advance taxes in March 2010 include, Abhishek Bachchan at Rs. 4.15 crore (US $ 1mil;.) Aishwarya Rai, Ranbir Kapoor, Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan made advance payments slightly shy of and/around Rs. 2 crores (US $ 0.5 mil)."

No comments:

Post a Comment