- Experts say they will get a more precise idea in the last 12 hours before the satellite is due to return.
- The satellite could come down during one of four possible orbits of Earth on Friday evening/Saturday morning.
- Nasa says that debris could fall across an area 400-500km (250-310 miles) long.
- The spacecraft would "not be passing over North America" when it is expected to be pulled through the atmosphere to Earth
- The spacecraft could pass over Britain during its final passes over the planet.
More details on this story are blogged below